Wednesday 6 February 2013

New Beginnings


Every year, for as long as I can remember, I have walked this beach on New Year's Day. Racing ahead of my parents, laughing with friends and, more recently, strolling hand in hand with my husband, the beauty of being near the water never fails to make me feel fresh and invigorated for the year ahead. Sometimes we have to battle against the wind and rain, sometimes we're lucky enough to have glorious sunshine, but whatever the weather, it's a tradition that I love, knowing that - no matter what happens - we'll make this walk together at the same time every year.

February might be a strange time to write about Christmas traditions, but this year I made a promise and, thirty seven days later, I'm just about ready to start fulfilling it! I know lots of people dive straight into their new blogs, but I wanted to give my first post a sense of occasion, so here it is - The Beloved Road's very first walk on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment