Tuesday 9 April 2013

Review: Lonely Planet Traveller magazine


One of my most unexpected - yet favourite - presents this Christmas was a subscription to Lonely Planet Traveller magazine. Does this mean I'm getting old!? I hope not, but I do think subscriptions might be my new thing - they're the gifts that keep on giving!

The latest issue popped through my letterbox this week and, thanks to its island theme, it's just making me want to escape the cold NOW. There's a feature on planning the perfect trip to the Seychelles, food cultures in Sardinia (my mouth is watering and I'm mentally packing my baggiest clothes...) as well as a focus on a few islands slightly closer to home - Jersey, Alderney, Sark and Guernsey. Like most magazines, Traveller seems to follow a similar formula each month, but articles are always well thought through and beautifully illustrated. There's usually a focus on the best places to visit in a given month (this edition, it's 10 easy trips to take in May - mostly European locations, plus a fair few within the UK) and the brilliant mini guides. These are one of the cleverest ideas - each one is just a single page of the magazine (the perfect size to tear out and stash in your pocket) containing useful tips on what to do and see in a destination on one side (this month includes the Lake District, Budapest and the Amalfi Coast) and a map and help with logistics - transport and accommodation - as well as a few top tips, relevant to the location on the other (for Budapest, for example, they share important spa etiquette).

Every month I pour over the beautiful photography, traveller tips and intelligent articles, whet my appetite even more and add to my already ridiculously long list of places to visit. Oh well, a girl can dream, I suppose. And cut out mini guides...and price hotels...and start packing suitcases...!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information. It is informative, For More Details Visit: Magazine subscription offers

    ReplyDelete