Wednesday 25 September 2013

Cake for Breakfast (or, The Best Office Warming Gift Ever)

Anyone fancy cake for breakfast!?

 photo TheBelovedRoad-Cakeforbreakfast2_zpsfaba13d7.jpg photo TheBelovedRoad-Cakeforbreakfast1_zpsd7857d56.jpg photo TheBelovedRoad-Princesstartaforbreakfast_zps71c5d507.jpg

This is the scene that created Mr. O and I when we arrived back at our new offices in Utrecht this morning. Is there any better way to start the day? Seriously, what is a girl to do - there was no way I could hold myself back and, after plenty of deliberation, I made the princesstarta mine. 

Never seen a princesstarta before? This one's pretty new to me too - it's a Swedish speciality that also pretty popular here in the Netherlands - layers of sponge, creme patisserie, jam and whipped cream, enveloped in the brightest of green marzipans. It feels a little bit like being served a slice of dissected Kermit, but the taste is delicious! I spent the afternoon feeling like Miss. Piggy in more ways than one, but doubt it'll be the last time this cake and I meet. Sorry Kermie.

No comments:

Post a Comment